Sunday, November 1, 2009

Sweet Potato-Cranberry Scones

So this arrived in the mail last week (swell vegan's zine, not the swan measuring cup) and then I had to decide what to make first. It was difficult because there are a lot of great fall recipes - Sweet Potato Black Bean Burgers with Millet and Leeks, Mole-Roasted Cauliflower, etc. - but I went with the Sweet-Potato Cranberry Scones.

I figured the scones would be easy, but I should have read more into these two lines: "The dough should be fairly stiff. Fold in the cranberries."


In my case, the instructions should have read like this: "The dough should be fairly stiff. Don't bother trying to fold the cranberries in. Punch the cranberries with all your might into the dough. Do not be discouraged if this takes several minutes, or if the cranberries try to escape. It will all be worth it in the end."*

* I think I would have had an easier time had my cranberries not be frozen. 

1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious!! Will you add the recipe sometime? Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete